I had a great time in Columbus this year. The organizers did a great job - I'll offer my thanks to those folks once again.
It rough at the tables, though. Several of us commented on the meta being completely unreadable. Rock-Paper-Scissors-Lizard-Spock has always been huge part of the game. I believe I created a previously unknown "ripe manure" gesture. I'll leave it to readers to create the appropriate mental image for how that interacts with "rock", but the take-home message is that my overall performance was lackluster.
There were a few of amusing highlights:
- Hugh Angseesing "reduced my Blood Brothers bleed" with Archon Investigation.....on 2 of their first 3 attempts. He bounced the other with......wait for it.....Lost in Translation.
- I used Drop Point Network to create an oust. I'm astonished that this card is not yet included in the TWDA.
- I set a new personal record for losing unique vampires: 11 in NAC Day 1.
This WoN/NAC reinforced a few points in my mind.
- I'm devoted to shaving decks to smaller and smaller size. I ran out of cards only twice with 60 card decks: once with a Imbued deck expressly intended to put cards in the Ash Heap, the other in a very unusual Legacy of Pander situation (a game I ultimately won because of a once-per-game card finally floating into hand).
- The Uncoiling is a mandatory inclusion in any serious deck that doesn't run its own Events. Anthelios and the Unmasking are simply too strong to leave in the end game.
Lastly, thanks to those who took the time to say they liked the blog. Hearing that you enjoy spending a little time with me is inspiring.