Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Echoing of Babbles


It’s been quite a while since my last post.  I’m not apologetic, though I’ll tell you why the blog was idle. 

Sometimes even obsessive players need a lengthy break from this kind of intense hobby.  I know I did.  

Sometimes life intrudes on our hobbies.  My recent landscaping project consumed a lot of time (and even more money).  

Sometimes, we develop new interests that occupy our time, as my latest foray into photography has.  

But somehow, I always get sucked back into this old and comfortable pastime.  My incentive to return from this hiatus is May’s North American Championships and the Week of Nightmares.  It’s not so much the back-to-back tournaments that we play that week that lure me.
 
But the people……that’s the draw.  I get to see friends from everywhere in the world during that week-long marathon.   They are good people, fun people and often among the diabolically clever people I know.  The only downside is that much of the time we spend together is totally devoted to orchestrating their demise.

So, for at least a couple of months, I’ll be back to using Inferior Babble to organize my thoughts for the upcoming week of Nightmares.  Yes, I said I'm going for the people, but I can't help but try to be competitive at the same time.  

Once again, I welcome those of you demented enough to read along with me as I try to organize my thoughts in crystalline ways.